A photo gallery from the show floor of the recent 131st AES Convention in NYC includes photos of everything from exhibits and audio product demos to audio publications and even an electromechanical Rastafarian!
The Audio Engineering Society just wrapped up its 131st AES Convention, held October 20-23 at the Javits Center in New York City. I was able to attend the exhibit portion of the show - all too briefly, unfortunately, due to some scheduling conflicts - and have put together a short AES 131st pictorial tour from the show floor.
The AES photo gallery is posted on EDN and organized into the following categories:
Intro and audio ICs
Audio test & measurement
Audio publications and transducers
Audio production tools
Audio interconnects, pots and switches
Had I had more time I would have loved to have been able to attend some of the show's events. For example, paper sessions and classes covered subjects ranging from Listening Tests, Human Hearing 101, and Loudspeaker Reproduction to Audio Equipment & Measurement and Headphone Playback.
Some of the specific paper and product design sessions that sounded especially intriguing included the following:
- High Resolution Audio - A Networked Future?
- Building Analog in the 2010s
- Real-Time Audio Processing Capabilities of Microcontrollers and Application Processors
- Distortions in Audio Op-Amps and Their Effect on Listener Perception of Character and Quality
- An Overview of Audio System Grounding and Interfacing
- High-Order Analog Control of a Clocked Class-D Audio Amplifier with Global Feedback Using Z-Domain Methods
- After Market Power Cords—"Snake Oil" or Legitimate Audio Accessory?
- Acoustic & Audio Apps
- Sound Quality Evaluation
- Loudness Wars: The Tides Have Changed
Perhaps I'll have more time to attend sessions at a future AES Convention. In the meantime, I also have some videos from the 131st AES Convention that I plan to be posting shortly, so stay tuned.
Comments, questions or suggestions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A day at AES 2007: A selected pictorial tour
AES Amsterdam: A selected virtual tour
129th AES debuts Product Design Track