Destroys the surface of CDs and DVDs rendering their data-bearing surfaces unreadable within five seconds!
Do you remember my recent blog when I waffled on about Mega-Cool USB-Based Stuff, such as an Egg-Shaped Label Printer, Chromatic USB Hubs, a Can Cooler and Warmer, and even a USB-Based Gift Set for Ladies?
Well, those little rapscallions at Brando in Hong Kong have been working furiously to present us with new products. (You must admit, it must be great to have a job where you wander around thinking of strange and wonderful new USA-based applications – this the sort of job you could do in the shower, or while shopping, or riding one's unicycle, or . . . ).
But we digress. The thing is that they just sent me an email about a USB-based CD/DVD Destroyer, which eradicates information on an inserted disc within 5 seconds!!!
As they say in their literature:
You shred sensitive documents for security but what do you do with CDs and DVDs that contain sensitive data? It's dangerous to break them but you can't just throw them away. Our USB- Powered CD Destroyer is the answer. It is an ideal product for destroying data stored on CDs and DVDs, with three carbon steel knurled points, the USB CD Destroyer permanently destroys the surface of CDs, DVDs and other CD-size disks rendering the data-bearing surfaces unreadable within 5 seconds.
Actually, I know quite a few folks who would find this to be jolly useful. For those who are interested, the Features, Specifications, and Package Contents are as follows:
- Creates circular pattern scratches on the CD/DVD surface and renders it unreadable
- Applicable for CD/DVD/CD-R/RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-ROM
- Only 5 seconds completes the data destruction on a CD
- Power supply using computer USB bus power source
- Will consume at least 100,000 CD/DVDs over the course of its lifetime
- Dimension: 60x120x50mm (W×D×H)
- Weight: 130g
- Power consumption: 500mA
- Power supply: 5V, 500mA USB bus power
- Continuous duty: 1 minute
- Applicable disk types: CD/DVD/CD-R/RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-ROM
- USB power cable length: 50cm (approx.)
- USB Powered CD/DVD Destroyer
- USB cable
- Leather case
PS Just in case you were wondering, I have no financial interest in this whatsoever ... I just love gadgets and gizmos.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to email me – Clive "Max" Maxfield – at firstname.lastname@example.org). And, of course, if you haven't already done so, don't forget to Sign Up for our weekly Programmable Logic DesignLine Newsletter.