Take the first of two DesignCon-related quizzes from the dean of Signal Integrity Academy.
With DesignCon 2015 coming in just 44 days, those of us who spend our time dealing with signal integrity problems are gearing up the the big event. With that in mind, I offer this week's Friday Quiz. I'll be back next week with another quiz covering S-Parameters.
Answers appear on the last page.
1. If you start with two, uncoupled, 50 Ω, microstrip transmission lines and just bring them closer so they are spaced equal to their line widths, which of the following is true?
- The differential impedance drops below 50 Ω, and the common impedance increases above 50 Ω.
- The odd mode impedance and even mode impedances stay the same.
- The differential impedance drops below 90 Ω, and the common impedance increases above 30 Ω.
- The differential impedance drops below 90 Ω, and the common impedance stays at 25 Ω.
- The single-ended impedance stays the same, and the differential impedance increases.
To Question 2
Want to learn more? Register now for DesignCon, the premier conference for chip, board, and systems design engineers. Taking place January 27-30 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, DesignCon 2015 features technical paper sessions, tutorials, industry panels, product demos, and exhibits.