Industry insiders say it's time to start thinking out of the box when designing applications.
It's no secret. Successful applications for inventory replenishment, asset tracking, and other projects that rely on near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or another type of automatic identification technology typically require hardware, software and other sensor or wireless technologies.
Industry insiders say it's time to start thinking out of the box when designing applications. The following is a short list of interesting stories posted across CMP's network of publications, from EE Times to InformationWeek, to get you thinking. Happy Holidays.
1) Five Wireless Trends To Watch In 2008
2) Industrial Sensors Get Tougher, and Can Technology Help Avert Bridge Collapses
3) Surveillance IP Cameras Get Smart
4) Defense Spending Bill Shifts Priorities
5) Forrester Sees Green Among U.S. Consumers
Aside from technologies that make it all happen, consider how RFID could speed consumers through retail return lines at stores as unwanted gifts make their way back to shelves during this week after the Christmas. For example, see Solving HDTV Unhappy Returns.