As you may imagine, as the editor for Microcontroller Designline, I get bombarded with announcements from a myriad companies, all with a message they wish to be presented to the world.
I obviously don’t have a problem with this. However, I do find it a little wearing to receive multi-page press releases that waffle on about how wonderful a company or product is, without actually getting to the “meat” of the announcement.
So I have to say that I really rather like the announcements from the folks at Silicon Labs, who manage to present their message in a “Bang – Bang – Bang” format that leaves you gasping “Wow, what just happened?” For example, the little scamps just sent me the following:
Silicon Labs’ new Precision32 32-bit MCU family brings unprecedented design flexibility to the 32-bit market, offering the industry’s most flexible, easy-to-customize I/O system and pinout.
Customizable peripherals and pinout
Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Patented dual-crossbar architecture allows you to choose peripherals and pin-out placement without worrying about pre-set limitations and pin conflicts
- Last minute changes – no problem! New peripherals can easily be added with simple firmware modifications
GUI-based AppBuilder rapid prototyping utility
- Eclipse-based IDE offers a full development environment, including compiler, debugger, etc., with no code size limits, no time limits – no limits
- Online dashboard for application-critical information including a software library with example code, data sheets, schematics, PCB footprints, app notes, active version tracking and automatic updates
- Quickly and graphically select peripheral mix and properties, set up clocking modes, customize pinouts and generate source code – all without having to wade through register bits in the data sheet
- Mode management validates peripheral properties and pin assignments, and provides real-time feedback when conflicts are detected
Download the Precision32 software development tools today!Precision32 32-bit AppBuilder Utility
Enter to win a USB card loaded with 32-bit MCU software tools and more!Precision32 IDE and AppBuilder USB Card
OK. It’s me [Max] again. You have to admit that the above announcement is short, sharp, and to the point. There’s no beating about the bush. They know what they want to say and they say it … and I, for one, am very impressed.
If you found this article to be interest, visit Microcontroller / MCU Designline
where – in addition to my blogs on all sorts of "stuff" (also check out my Max's Cool Beans
blog) – you will find the latest and greatest design, technology, product, and news articles with regard to all aspects of designing and using microcontrollers.
Also, you can obtain a highlights update delivered directly to your inbox by signing up for my weekly newsletter – just Click Here
to request this newsletter using the Manage Newsletters tab (if you aren't already a member you'll be asked to register, but it's free and painless so don't let that stop you [grin]).
Last but certainly not least, make sure you check out all of the discussions and other information resources at MicrocontrollerCentral.com
, including blogs by yours truly.