I’m guessing May was a big month for project deadlines. The number of entries to the EE Life caption contest was down by nearly half from what I usually see.
That said, the quality of your good humor remains undiminished. I had to scan each of my seven favorites several times (say that three times fast) before picking a winner.
This month the lucky EE is—drum roll, please—TGR. The caption below was submitted in the waning hours of the contest.
In response to rapid growth of internet-video viewership, cable TV companies are developing new applications for their existing distribution network.
TGR can contact me at email@example.com
to collect his prize. A colored version of the artwork from Daniel Guidera with the award-winning caption on it.
Among this month’s honorable mentions, aka the back-to-the-drawing board club, are the following snickerdoodles:
- jkdrum: Be sure to run a "lint" check.
- Resistion: In any engineering testing environment, shorts can appear in the most unexpected of places...
- seaEE: A clever tally system was developed to keep track of the growing laundry list of required features.
- WireMan: Hmm. I think the designers meant a line driver, not a line dryer.
- Denis.Giri: Sneak peek in Google's lab where Glass engineers are hard at work on new wearable devices.
I think Denis could be on to something. I wouldn’t be surprised if wearable computing garments are in the works somewhere in the secret bowels of Google’s X Labs. Maybe a battery shirt to go with those glasses.
OK everybody, enough of work. Go work on a cool caption for the June contest