June's caption contest winner, better late than never!
During the very first weeks of my employment, I was assigned the task of taking care of the caption contests we run. I have to admit, I was possibly a bit too excited at the prospect (I love these things), and I jumped right into procuring the upcoming comic without selecting a winner for June! I'm here to remedy this today, though.
He said he had to debug some nested code.
As usual, deciding a winner is extremely difficult. You're a funny bunch of people!
Quickbadger is the winner for the month of June. His entry (shown above) is short, simple, and amusing. I'll contact Quickbadger, who unwittingly just used up a few precious minutes of his Andy Warhol's 15 minutes to arrange getting a signed and colored comic with his caption on it!
Honorable mention goes to everyone who said something along the lines of "moving to another branch," it is funny, but since so many people riffed on the phrase, it just simply can't win.
Here are a few more that made me chuckle.
- bwmetz0 "An Inconvenient Booth : Electronic Tradeshows Go Green"
- TFCSD "I'm going out on a limb here, but I think this guy is our sustainability expert."
- TFCSD "Good thing you didn't say "drop dead"."
- Don Swaab "He's an outside consultant."
- NoNIckName_#2 "We need a branch trimmer and you hired a branch manager (sigh). Well, we'll just have to make do."
- Marketing Guru "Okay, okay, okay, we'll let you expense a privacy screen."
Well, that was a lot of fun. We do it every month, and there's a new contest going on right now! If you want to participate in August's caption contest, just hop right over there and leave a comment! You can also see July's winner if you're looking for inspiration.