Share your knowledge with the design community. Submit your speaking proposals for two EE Live Summits -- Hardware Startup and IoT -- by November 26.
Share your knowledge with the design community by speaking at EE Live in 2014. Submit speaking proposals for two EE Live Summits -- Hardware Startup and IoT here up until November 26.
The EE Live conference, formerly DESIGN West, is an event that gathers electronics design engineering training under one roof in one week, March 31 through April 3, 2014, in San Jose, Calif.
The Internet of Things Engineering Summit
The coming Internet of Things (IoT) is quite possibly the biggest change having an impact on electronics design engineers today. The IoT Engineering Summit presents opportunities and challenges in connecting embedded systems to the cloud -- from end nodes and gateways, networking strategies, operating systems, and middleware stacks, to the latest trends in security, sensors, and business models.
We are soliciting speaking proposals for 60-minute slots (please note on submission if talk can be shortened) on the following topics:
- Case studies of actual IoT products and systems
- Hardware solutions and tradeoffs -- chips, boards, low-level software for the connected embedded system
- New sensors and actuators -- overview of their road maps and the tradeoffs implementing them in systems
- Pros and cons of IoT connectivity options
- Overview of IoT device software, operating systems, and middleware options
- Special issues in security for IoT devices
- IoT business models
The Hardware Startup Summit
The Hardware Startup Summit teaches engineers considering launching a hardware startup as well as engineers looking to gain more insight into the product development process how to successfully navigate through the tradeoffs and challenges inherent in every step from board design and prototyping to funding and manufacturing.
We are soliciting speaking proposals for 60-minute slots (please note if talk can be shortened) on the following topics:
- Case studies of actual hardware startup experiences
- Funding strategies
- Board design
- Product design -- fighting feature creep
- Finding and working with a manufacturing partner
I look forward to seeing your submittals. Remember, the deadline is just around the corner on November 26.
— Karen Field, Director of Content, EE Live and EE Times
EE Live is owned and operated by UBM Tech, which owns EE Times.