The USB Type-C connector will mark the biggest change in USB since the introduction of USB 2.0. What do you know about it?
The USB Type-C connector and the signals and power it carries will mark a wholesale change in USB and how we use it. It will be easier to plug in cables, carry data at higher speeds, and provide more power than any previous USB iteration. It will also mean new test challenges because of the complexity needed to make it easier to use.
Test & measurement companies are rushing to bring new USB test tools to market. This week's and next week's quizzes will focus on the USB Type-C connector. Questions for both quizzes were submitted by Tami Pippert of Keysight Technologies. As always, answers appear on the last page.
1. What are the benefits of the USB Type-C connector?
- Reversible: the connector can be "flipped" and plugged in either way.
- Power Delivery: ability to charge a larger suite of devices than previous versions of USB.
- Performance: ability to transfer more data, faster than previous versions.
- Integration of connectors – use of single interface type to handle multiple standards and power.
- a and c only
- All of the above
To Page 2