I don't know about you -- maybe it's just that I'm a simple-minded man who is easily amused -- but I find a lot of satisfaction in moving from a muddled breadboard prototype to a final, custom, neat-and-tidy implementation.
Do you remember when I created my original breadboard implementation of the MSGEQ7-Based DIY Audio Spectrum Analyzer for use in my BADASS Display? This ended up being a bit of a monster, so when it came to the BADASS Display itself, my chum Duane Benson created a special custom audio analyzer Arduino shield for me, and this made my life so much easier.
More recently, I ran into a problem while attempting to add a real-time clock (RTC) to the Cunning Chronograph. As I discussed in my Donít Let I2C Pullup Resistors Bite You on the Bus! column, I started out with an RTC mounted on an Arduino proto-board, but ended up with yet another breadboard.
All of which brings us to this past weekend when I spent a happy Saturday morning beavering away at the kitchen table. The starting point was the image below:
(Click Here to see a larger image. Source: Max Maxfield / Embedded.com)