The Entrepreneurial Engineer
Sean Murphy returns to EE Times as a regular blogger after a 16 year absence.
I am delighted to be able to return to EE Times as a regular columnist/blogger after a sixteen year absence. Richard Wallace asked me to write "Nickel Tours of the 'Net" which cataloged the impact of the Internet on Electronic Design as websites first started to become common in 1994. And now Junko Yoshida has asked me to look at innovation and entrepreneurship in the broader electronic systems design ecosystem.
Here are the kinds of insights that I hope to provide:
- Perspective on technology innovation.
- Analysis of business strategy for emerging markets.
- New models for global teams and multi-firm collaboration that are predicated on incessant collaboration among experts.
- Perspective on the impact of communication and pervasive connectivity in creating new business models.
- Insights from pioneering engineers on how new computing paradigms are enabling new models for how they invent.
- Interviews with entrepreneurs sharing lessons learned from their successes and their setbacks.