Signal Processing DesignLine Blog
The New York Times has a thoughtful editorial detailing how we should redirect our defense dollars. I highly recommend reading it.
Here's the quick summary of recommended steps:
- End production of the Air Force's F-22.
- Cancel the DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer.
- Halt production of the Virginia class sub.
- Pull the plug on the Marine Corps's V-22 Osprey.
- Halt premature deployment of missile defense.
- Negotiate deep cuts in nuclear weapons.
- Trim the active-duty Navy and Air Force.
- Increase the size of the ground force.
- Pay for the Navy's needed littoral combat ships.
- Resupply the National Guard and the Reserves.
For my own thoughts on the issue, see dumb defense spending.