SAN JOSE, Calif. – By my count, about three dozen of you heard the call of the April contest, and several offered up multiple captions. We really liked eight of them a lot.
But in the end the august judges of the EE Life Monthly Caption Contest had to pick one and only one winner. And the winner is SimulinkJocky with the caption below.
“He says the buttons are still too small.”
SimulinkJocky wins a color version of the cartoon from artist Daniel Guidera with his/her caption affixed to it. Drop a note with your snail mail address to EE Life
editor Rick Merritt (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and we will get that shipped out to you.
Our second place award, which unfortunately only gets recognition here in the land of shining bits, goes to jkdrum with the caption: “Yeah, but it only has 32GB memory.”
Among honorable mentions, we send shout outs to:
- Paul Glaubitz: Jack should have known those magic JavaBeans were going to lead to trouble.
- Frank Eory: You've just been replaced by LabApp!
- JackOfManyTrades: Brian realized that the race to produce the smartphone with the largest screen size had probably reached a natural limit.
- Bnowak: “Um… Remind me again why we paired up with a biotech company for this new Supersize Me app?”
- Proleptic: When you shrank the new smart phone, you did turn off the inverter and let the marketing guy out of the chamber, right?
And last, but not least, veteran caption-eer Don Swaab: “We're creating computer-generated special effects for a new movie thriller, ‘Attack of the Giant Androids.’”
Thanks to all for taking time out from building and fixing stuff to share your sense of humor. Keep on laughing, and don’t forget to check out the May contest
now in full flower.