The time has come for the King's court to end. This jester, or possibly soothsayer, must exit stage right, luckily with his head. Our contest has come to a close, and as usual, there can be only one winner.
"The only words the King understood were 'master' and 'slave'."
This month's winner, bnowak0, secured his place with not only a play on words, but a poignant observation. So with a chuckle and a sigh, I'll pass on the wining information to Daniel Guidera, our fantastic illustrator, so that he can send bnowak0 the original, in color, with his caption attached.
Only choosing one winner is always a difficult task. Here are a few others that really made my decision difficult.
- "The Emperor didn't quite understand how these new clothes would work, but the wandering engineer had him convinced they were a good investment." -- bobdvb
- "This milord, for just a little more gold, is the pulsed laser targeting system that should double the accuracy of your trebuchets." -- TFCSD
- "...and this is a light bulb, which in terms of performance, no one can hold a candle to..." -- eetcowie
- "The king ponders how to inform his wizard that the proposed catapult control circuit, with multiple floating inputs, will never work reliably" -- NoNickName #2
- "When resistance was feudal." -- Wnderer
Thanks to all who participated. If you want another chance, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for February's Caption Contest.
Previous Caption Contest Winners:
— Caleb Kraft, Chief Community Editor, EE Times