Claiming it’s the most advanced IP rated exterior and industrial LED subsystem available -- OK, almost available -- Bridgelux unveiled a line of LED sub-systems that integrate optics, environmental protection, and the LED source. The solution solves the form factor challenges that prevented LEDs from moving into the high-pressure sodium system segment in the past.
Combining such benefits as lower total costs, fast time to market, and industry leading energy efficacy, the company is quantifying results as follows:
- Manufacturing cost reduction of outdoor solid-state lighting fixtures of 10% to 20%
- Reduction in manufacturing time of five to seven days
- Reducing power consumption up to 65%
- Product lifetime estimated to be 40,000 to 100,000 hours
- Reduction in product development time by three to six months
- Eliminating up to $100,000 in R&D expenses
The Bridgelux OLM Series features a slim profile, impact resistant optics and broad area lighting capabilities. Compliant with key light pattern standards (IESNA, EN13-201, NEMA), the OLM sub-system also has an Ingress Protection (IP) rating of 66 for harsh outdoor environments. The company is launching six outdoor lighting module (OLM) systems that range in power from 18 to 40 watts and will be demonstrating them at Light & Building in Frankfurt, Germany from March 30 to April 4.
Oh, and you don’t have to wait that long -- the company is taking pre-orders now with the expectation of commercial availability in June.
— Carolyn Mathas is a freelance blogger and editor for EE Times' Industrial Control Designline