PARIS – Holt Integrated Circuits has launched the HI-3000H, a family of CAN transceivers that can operate in temperatures from -55°C to 200°C. Compatible with ARINC 825 and ISO 11898-5 standards, the HI-3000H is suitable for high temperature avionics and industrial applications such as aircraft braking systems, engine controls and down-hole drilling.
Holt said the HI-3000H supports two modes of operation, namely the Normal Mode and the Standby Mode. The Standby Mode is a very low-current mode which continues to monitor bus activity, allowing the external controller to manage wake-up. Superior common-mode receiver performance makes the device suitable for applications where ground reference voltages may vary from point to point over long distances along the CAN bus.
The HI-3000H provides a SPLIT pin to give an output reference voltage of VDD/2 which can be used for stabilizing the recessive bus level when the split termination technique is used to terminate the bus.Features:
• Extended Temperature Ranges -55°C to 175°C (plastic SOIC-8 package) and -55°C to 200°C (ceramic CERDIP-8 package)
• Compatible with ARINC 825 and ISO 11898-5 standards
• Signaling rates up to 1Mbit/s
• Internal VDD/2 voltage source available to stabilize the recessive bus level if split termination is used (SPLIT pin)
• Detection of permanent dominant on TXD pin (babbling idiot protection)
• High impedance allows connection of up to 120 nodes
• Input levels compatible with 3.3V or 5V controllers
• CANH, CANL and SPLIT pins short-circuit proof to +/-58V
• Will not disturb the bus if unpowered
• ARINC 825 and CANaerospace Avionics
• Aerospace Controller Area Networks (CAN)
• Industrial Automation and Process Control