Texas Instruments Inc. said today that the company expects revenue for the fourth quarter of 2002 to be better than previously estimated.
TI's Semiconductor revenue is now expected to decline about 2% sequentially, instead of the 5% originally estimated in the company's earnings report on October 21. Total TI revenue is now expected to be down about 7% instead of 10%, mostly reflecting the seasonal drop in calculator shipments. Earnings per share also should be better than expected, at about 3 cents pro forma and 1 cent GAAP, plus or minus a few cents.
"The improvement in fourth-quarter expectations comes primarily from stronger demand for our wireless and high-performance analog products," said Chief Financial Officer Bill Aylesworth, in a released statement.