Here are the top five online stories for the week beginning Sunday, Nov. 1, as ranked by EE Times readers, up to and including Friday, Nov. 6. The ranking is based on the number of reader "views" or "hits" on a particular article.
1) EE Times lists 10 notable women in microelectronics EE Times has compiled an international list that celebrates women who are business and technology leaders in microelectronics.
2) Seven predictions for electronics in 2010 The electronics industry is recovering, but there is still some uncertainty in the market. Here's some predictions from various analysts in different segments about what's in store for us in 2010.
3) Analysis: a reality check for Motorola Motorola's history in the cellular handset market should hold a cautionary lesson for Sanjay Jha but it looks like the co-CEO is likely to repeat mistakes made by the previous management.
4) The executive pay of 10 notable chip company CEOs Here is an analysis of the compensation packages of 10 notable semiconductor company CEOs, based on public documents from the most recent years available.
5) Is Nvidia devising an x86 processor? For some time, there have been reports that Nvidia would enter the x86-based fray to protect its bread-and-butter graphics chip business. Meanwhile Advanced Micro Devices Inc. and Intel Corp. are separately developing processors with on-chip graphics capabilities.