Here are the top five online stories for the week beginning Sunday, Nov. 22, as ranked by EE Times readers, up to and including Friday, Nov. 27. The ranking is based on the number of reader "views" or "hits" on a particular article.
1) Ten emerging technologies to watch in 2010 EE Times has compiled a list of emerging technologies that we think will be worth watching out for in 2010. We have deliberately favored the hardware- and physically based side of the technology landscape, although software is also likely to increase its impact and importance in 2010.
2) IC rankings: Samsung among few set to grow in 2009 South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. is the only top 10 semiconductor supplier expected to show an increase in chip sales this year compared to 2008, according to preliminary 2009 semiconductor supplier rankings released by market research firm iSuppli Corp.
3) Eleven reasons why Freescale is a viable semiconductor company, straight from the CEO's mouth Rich Beyer, CEO of Freescale, is challenged to offer ten reasons why Freescale is a viable long-term player in the semiconductor market.
4) Consumer electronics is going Apple's way The global adoration of Apple's products and its business model is infectious and unprecedented. And the company executes flawlessly.
5) Apple is stoppable Apple's is a great success story, but just as it did for other companies that rode the crest of a growth wave, it's all got to end at some time.