Here are the top five online stories for the week beginning Sunday, Jan. 24, as ranked by EE Times readers, up to and including Friday, Jan. 29. The ranking is based on the number of reader "views" or "hits" on a particular article.
1) Foundry rankings: GlobalFoundries emerges; Samsung, IBM lag On Wednesday market research house IC Insights released its rankings for the top 17 foundries by 2009 sales.
2) What's inside the Apple iPad, Part 2 On Monday we reported more details of the design wins inside the upcoming Apple iPad including a likely foundry win for Samsung on iPad's Apple-designed microprocessor.
3) Top growth markets for ICs in 2010 This was also provided courtesy of IC Insights.
4) Apple launches iPad And on the third day Jobs unveiled the iPad (reportedly), even as it had been predicted he would.
5) Reporter's Notebook: Why iPad isn't cracking the Japanese market While the rest of the world goes gaga over Apple's iPad Junko Yoshida found all was calm in Tokyo. It seems the Japanese don't care for the iPad or anybody else's e-reader.