San Jose--June 23, 1997--Xilinx Inc. (San Jose) announced the availability of eight new verified cores that allow digital designers to implement a variety of peripheral functions in programmable logic devices.
The new cores were developed by three members of the Xilinx AllianceCORE program: ARM Semiconductor (USA) Inc., Memec Design Services, and Integrated Silicon Systems (ISS).
The new cores continue the momentum behind the Xilinx AllianceCORE program, announced in February, under which Xilinx partners with third-party intellectual property (IP) developers to deliver complete, pre-implemented system-level building blocks that have been tested and verified to operate in Xilinx programmable logic devices.
The eight new AllianceCORE products are available now, ranging in price from $1,500 to $10,000, depending on the core. They include:
- ARM M16450 Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transceiver
- ARM M16550A Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transceiver with FIFOs
- ARM M8254 Programmable Timer
- ARM M8255 Programmable Peripheral Interface
- Memec FX-TWSI two-wire serial interface
- Memec XF8250 Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transceiver
- Memec XF8255 Peripheral Interface Adapter
- ISS Reed Solomon encoder
San Jose, CA
Return to Headlines