San Jose--April 26, 1999--Globetrotter Software, Inc. (San Jose) announced SAMsolutions, a suiteof software asset management products designed to help IT professionalsmanage multimillion-dollar software installations. SAMsolutions managesapplications that use Flexlm, Globetrotter's electronic licensingtechnology, as well as applications that lack their own electroniclicensing. Flexlm is currently used by over 2,000 software publishers andwas deployed in over $14 billion of software shipped in 1998.
The SAMsolutions modules are:
- SAMreport: Generates software usage graphs and reports used for bill-back accounting and usage analysis when considering purchases of additional licenses or upgrades
- SAMconsole: Provides graphical interface for configuring license server and managing license files allowing large networks to be managed from a single console
- SAMstatus: Presents a real-time, centralized display of software usage across networks for an immediate view of the current use of licenses and status of license servers
- SAMalarms: Allows administrators to define events based on software usage and license server activity, to automate license administration and report generation
- SAMsuite: An integrated suite that includes all of the above modules
- SAMwrap: Allows applications lacking native license management to be managed by the Flexlm license manager allowing all applications to be managed consistently
SAMsuite, SAMreport, and SAMwrap are available for immediate download and evaluation from www.globetrotter.com. SAMsuite is available on Unix platforms with license fees starting at $7,950. SAMreport is available on both Windows and Unix platforms with license fees starting at $5,000. SAMwrap is available on both Windows and Unix platforms with license fees starting at $1000.
San Jose, CA
Return to Headlines