SANTA CRUZ, Calif. Helping train a new generation of chip and PCB designers, Mentor Graphics has announced its intent to provide EDA products, training, and support to nine top Chinese universities. Mentor announced Tuesday (March 9) that it had signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Chinese Ministry of Education to provide the support.
The MOU specifies the Mentor will develop educational courses and hands-on training for the following universities:
- Peking University, Beijing
- Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Zhejiang University, Zhejiang
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hubei
- Fudan University, Shanghai
- Jiaotong University, Shanghai
- Southeast University, Jiangsu
- Xidian University, Shannxi
- Chengdu Electronic Science and Technology University, Sichuan
Courses and training will include Mentor's FGPA design flow, analog/mixed-signal and RF IC flow, physical verification, design for test, and PCB tools for system design and high speed.
Mentor has been working with China's universities and government research centers since 1989. Currently, more than 40 universities in China use Mentor tools in daily curricula or in research projects.