Fairchild Semiconductor (based in South Portland, Maine) is announcing the availability of its new FSUSB11"a low power, high bandwidth, dual Single Pole / Double Throw (SPDT) USB switch providing fast-switch-time multiplex/demultiplexing of analog audio and USB 1.1 signals. Designed specifically for USB applications, the FSUSB11 supports switching applications in ultra-portable cell phones, computers and peripherals, consumer electronics and other USB 1.1-ported devices.
The device claims very low power consumption, exceptional ESD protection and low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD). It is housed in a super-compact 10-terminal leadless MicroPak package that measures only 1.6mm x 2.1mm to optimize design flexibility in response to the growing miniaturization trend of portable equipment.
Key features of the FSUSB11 USB analog switch include:
- High bandwidth (350MHz) maintains signal fidelity;
- Ultra-low additive jitter (less than 2% UI typical);
- Low On Resistance (RON) of 0.95 ohm (typical) reduces power consumption, extends battery run time;
- Broad VCC operating voltage range of 1.65V to 5.5V;
- Low THD of 0.002% minimizes Total Harmonic Distortion placed on signals passing through the switch;
- Greater than 8kV ESD performance for Human Body Model (HBM);
Fairchild's analog switch portfolio includes audio amplifiers, LED drivers and LEDs for backlighting, supervisory products such as temperature sensors and reset generator circuits, and a variety of DC/DC conversion products including LDOs and MOSFETs. Market analyst Selantek has identified Fairchild's analog switch line as one of the fastest in the industry.
The Price of the FSUSB11 is $0.94 each (1000 pcs)
For information about this product, go to Fairchild's USB switch product site.