Here are the top five online stories for the week beginning Sunday June 24, as ranked by EE Times Europe readers, up to and including Friday, June 29. The ranking is based on the number of reader "views" or "hits" on a particular article.
1) EE Times updates list of emerging startups The EE Times 60 Emerging Startups list, first published in April 2004, has been updated to version 6.0 to reflect the latest corporate, commercial, technology and market conditions.
2) Qimonda has hundreds of vacancies In the pursuit of expansion plans, DRAM vendor Qimonda is looking for up to 300 engineers worldwide with an emphasis on its locations in Dresden and Munich.
3) Infineon buys Texas Instruments' DSL business Expanding its broadband product portfolio, Infineon Technologies AG has acquired Texas Instruments Inc.'s DSL customer premises equipment (CPE) business.
4) Freescale is starting exit from Crolles, say unions At an extraordinary meeting on Tuesday (June 19), Freescale Semiconductor Inc. said it would cease all integrated circuit manufacturing activities within the Crolles2 alliance, resulting in the company's complete withdrawal from Crolles site, according to STMicroelectronics' trade union representatives.
5) Filtronic looks to sell GaAs operation Filtronic plc is expected to make even deeper cuts than planned at its compound semiconductor business, or may even sell it, following the loss of its biggest customer for switches. As a result there is set to be a "substantial reduction" in the level of activity at the unit, which is based in Newton Aycliffe, England, the company said.