ROHM has completed development of the industry’s first isolated LED driver modules utilizing constant current circuits optimized for LED driving. High efficiency and precision are possible through a current detector circuit that minimizes loss. All of the required switching power supply elements control circuitry, switching elements, transformers, and constant current circuits are integrated into a single package, reducing the number of components required. These drivers are ideal for virtually any type of LED lighting application such as theatrical, landscape, residential, facility, and disaster prevention lighting.
Sample shipments began in March 2007 (sample price: 12.5EURO per unit) while mass production of the BP5843 was implemented in May. Production of three other models is scheduled for September. Features of ROHM’s high-intensity LED driver modules:
1) Input voltage: DC 113V to 170V (AC voltage conversion: 80V to 120V)
2) Constant current output optimized for driving LEDs (current set via external resistor)
3) Minimal ambient temperature-based constant current fluctuation (±1% accuracy)
4) Industry’s highest power conversion efficiency: 85% (2-8% improvement over conventional)
5) Compact SIP11 package with built-in switching transformer (l xh x d = 32.9 x 25.0 x 15.1mm max.)
ROHM ELECTRONICS GMBH
Karl-Arnold-Stra_e 15, Willich-Munchheide D-47877 Germany
Note: The above text is the public part of the press release obtained from the manufacturer (with minor modifications). EETimes Europe cannot be held responsible for the claims and statements made by the manufacturer. The text is intended as a supplement to the new product presentations in EETimes Europe magazine.