Here are the top five online stories for the week beginning Sunday Dec. 23, as ranked by EE Times Europe readers, up to and including Friday, Dec. 28. The ranking is based on the number of reader "views" or "hits" on a particular article.
1) French artist photographs ST's chips French photographer Valérie Legembre immersed herself in the industrial world of STMicroelectronics in Crolles, near Grenoble, for six months. The result is an exhibition, entitled 'Artpuce' (or Artchip in English), highlighting the beauty of silicon chips.
2) Creating 3D television using moving-mirror silicon Now that high-definition has established itself in the consumer marketplace, both consumer electronic manufacturers and consumers are beginning to ask what the next big technology for TVs will be. One possibility is 3D television.
3) French EMS acquires Flash Electronics French electronic manufacturing services provider Asteel announced it has acquired Flash Electronics Inc. (Fremont, California) for an undisclosed amount.
4) Startups, rankings and teardowns: the EE Times Europe top ten stories of 2007 The list of what was most read online in 2007
5) Intel, ST delay opening memory venture Amid turmoil in the debt capital markets, Intel, Francisco Partners and STMicroelectronics have delayed the closing of the deal to create Numonyx, its joint flash memory venture, to March 28, 2008.