The folks at Altera will showcase their latest embedded solutions at ESC DESIGN West 2012. Attendees visiting Altera's booth #1816 will learn about the company's SoC FPGAs, which integrate a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor into a 28-nm FPGA, and discover how they can get started now developing application software targeting this new class of device using the Altera SoC FPGA Virtual Target.
Demonstrations in Altera's booth include a variety of FPGA-based embedded systems in the areas of video processing, H.264 video compression, music synthesis and image processing with multifunction printers. Altera will also showcase supporting technologies, including its latest embedded tools that simplify the design and development of FPGA-based embedded systems, along with a look into the future with upcoming technologies such as optical FPGA interconnect and OpenCL for FPGAs.
What: Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) DESIGN West
When: Tuesday, March 27 to Thursday, March 29
Where: Booth #1816 McEnry Convention Center, San Jose, Calif.
Altera's in-booth demonstrations
Sponsored session with micron
- SoC FPGA Virtual Target with FPGA-in-the-Loop extension SoC FPGA Virtual Target running Linux, VxWorks and Micrium uC/OS operating systems. Also see SoC FPGA Virtual Target performing application debug using common tools (GNU tools, the ARM Development Studio 5 (DS-5) and the Lauterbach TRACE32 debugger).
- Altera's OpenCL for FPGAs program high-performance hardware acceleration with lower power and faster time to market.
- Qsys system integration tool save design time and improve productivity by automatically generating interconnect logic to connect IP functions and subsystems.
- Optical FPGA technology demonstration shows how optically interconnected programmable devices can significantly increase interconnect bandwidth while reducing overall system complexity, power, and price.
- System Console system-level debug tool enables debug of custom logic in the FPGA
- In-booth presentations include a series of discussion topics from "Introduction to Programmable Logic" to the latest on Altera's OpenCL for FPGA program.
- Embedded system demonstrations showing FPGAs being used today in applications: Video algorithms in FPGA from System Level Solutions; Low-latency H.264 CODEC from Jointwave LLC; Camera-based music synthesizer from Terasic; High-performance image processing for multifunction printers from HCL Technologies
Educating designers on the potential uses and benefits of FPGAs, Altera is teaming with Micron Technologies in sponsored sessions on improving error resilience in embedded memory systems using 32-bit ECC, an increasingly important aspect in today's embedded systems. The session is titled "Making SoC FPGA- Based Memory Systems More Resilient to Soft Errors Through Detection and Correction" and will take place the following days and times:Date and time:
March 27 at 4:30 p.m. and March 28 at 12:00 p.m. Location:
Room KClick Here
for additional information on Altera's participation at ESC Silicon Valley
for more news from DESIGN West
If you found this article to be of interest, visit Programmable Logic Designline
where you will find the latest and greatest design, technology, product, and news articles with regard to programmable logic devices of every flavor and size (FPGAs, CPLDs, CSSPs, PSoCs...).
Also, you can obtain a highlights update delivered directly to your inbox by signing up for my weekly newsletter just Click Here
to request this newsletter using the Manage Newsletters tab (if you aren't already a member you'll be asked to register, but it's free and painless so don't let that stop you [grin]).