The folks from Altera have announced the launch of their Design Services Network (DSN) program to help customers accelerate FPGA design productivity and innovation through a global network of Altera-qualified design experts.
With market windows continuing to shrink and system designs becoming more complex, the DSN program helps customers find the right expertise to design and develop products using leading-edge Altera technology. Altera and several DSN members – Jointwave LLC, HCL Technologies, System Level Solutions, and Terasic – will be showcasing the DSN program and Altera-based solutions at ESC DESIGN West from March 27 to 29, 2012 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, Calif., booth #1816.
Today, companies in a wide variety of markets are faced with competitive pressures to increase design performance and reduce development schedules with fewer engineering resources. As designs become increasingly complex and integrated, companies require different types of design and development expertise to complete their designs. Through the launch of the Design Services Network, Altera is helping customers accelerate product design and development through access to certified design partners with the experience and training across a wide range of Altera devices, tools, IP and reference designs.
The Design Services Network evolved out of Altera's existing Certified Design Center (CDC) and Altera Consultants Alliance Program (ACAP) which collectively had 144 members in 33 countries. By combining these programs into a single program, Altera customers can more easily identify and engage with design service providers based on their specific project needs. Further, the program gives members streamlined access to Altera tools, IP, development kits and product knowledge to offer customers more efficient support. The program is expanding globally to provide customers with more timely and local design support for a range of services from feasibility studies and device selection to architecture development and system-level product design.
Each DSN member goes through a qualification process to ensure they have experience designing with Altera products, tools and IP, as well as differentiated application or technology expertise before they are invited to join the program. For complete information about the Design Services Program, visit: www.altera.com/dsn
.What Design Services Network members say "FUJISOFT is an IP core and design service provider with over 20 years’ experience supporting Altera FPGA projects for a variety of customers in the embedded medical, industrial and consumer markets. Our customers demand for top-quality design services are constant. The DSN program gives us easier access to Altera's market leading tools, business support and technical certification, enabling us to provide better services to existing and new customers. We're excited to boost our recognition as a leading design service provider while also strengthening our long-term relationship with FPGA innovation leader Altera."
- Koichi Toyota, operating officer and director of system development business group at FUJISOFT. "Our customers are increasingly demanding fast and flexible FPGAs as a key component of their embedded system designs. Our enhanced relationship with Altera and preferential access to their tools, IP, training and support will help us further enable our ability to meet market needs. With this enhanced service portfolio, we aim to focus more on building value and innovation for our existing and new customers by creating high levels of product differentiation with a time to market advantage."
- Sukamal Banerjee, vice president for engineering and R&D services, HCL Technologies. "Altera's premier DSN Program will allow Nuvation Engineering to provide optimal support to new Altera customers in key market segments, such as broadcast video, high-performance computing and secure communications. Our broad experiences with complex designs in these markets define what Nuvation is best known for in the world of outsourced engineering services, and our reputation depends in large part on a high level of support from key partners like Altera."
- Michael Hermann, vice president of engineering at Nuvation Engineering. "REFLEX CES' mission is to specify, design and manufacture electronic embedded and complex systems for European customers. It is critical for our company to develop technical expertise with Altera's best-in-class development tools and leading-edge FPGA products so that we can develop complex, reliable and high-performance programmable solutions for our communications, military and industrial customers. We are thrilled about continuing our strong relationship and being invited to Altera's DSN program, as it will offer us greater design productivity and increased visibility to new customers."
– Sylvain Neveu, chief operating officer at REFLEX. "Achieving high product-level differentiation and reducing time to market are key requirements for our customers to be successful in their market. Altera's Stratix IV FPGAs enable us to achieve these goals on multiple customer programs, in the wireless infrastructure and computing segments. Wipro looks forward to continue working closely with Altera through its new DSN program to provide successful solutions for our global customers."
– Vasudevan Aghoramoorthy, vice president, semiconductor and systems, Wipro Technologies.
If you found this article to be of interest, visit Programmable Logic Designline
where you will find the latest and greatest design, technology, product, and news articles with regard to programmable logic devices of every flavor and size (FPGAs, CPLDs, CSSPs, PSoCs...).
Also, you can obtain a highlights update delivered directly to your inbox by signing up for my weekly newsletter – just Click Here
to request this newsletter using the Manage Newsletters tab (if you aren't already a member you'll be asked to register, but it's free and painless so don't let that stop you [grin]).