The lead up to the 50th annual Design Automation Conference (DAC) has begun with the naming of the executive committee to be chaired by Yervant Zorian, chief architect at Synopsys.
The executive committee oversees the exhibition and trade show, plans the technical program, establishes new initiatives, and manages conference operations and publicity.
DAC will be held at the Austin Convention Center from June 2-6, 2013. Zorian will serve as general chair of the 50th DAC and lead the executive committee. Zorian is joined on the Executive Committee by the following volunteers from across the electronics, semiconductor, embedded systems, and EDA industries and from academia:
- Vice Chair / Finance Chair Soha Hassoun, Tufts University
- Technical Program Co-Chair Donatello Sciuto, Politecnico di Milano
- Technical Program Co-Chair Charles Alpert, IBM Corp.
- Panel Chair Magdy Abadir, Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
- Tutorial Chair Michael McNamara, previously with Cadence Design Systems Inc.
- Past Chair Patrick Groeneveld, Synopsys Inc.
- Design Community Chair Robert Jones, Intel Corp.
- Industry Liaison Chair Tiffany Sparks, ARM Inc.
- Publicity Chair Michelle Clancy, Cayenne Communication
- New Initiatives Chair Nikil Dutt, University of California, Irvine
- Europe / Middle East Representative Norbert Wehn, University of Kaiserslautern
- Asia / South Pacific Representative Cheng-Wen Wu, National Tsing Hua University
- ACM SIGDA Representative Naehyuck Chang, Seoul National University
- EDA Consortium Representative Anne Cirkel, Mentor Graphics Corp.
- IEEE CEDA Representative Andreas Kuehlmann, Coverity Inc
Good luck to all of them and I hope the 50th DAC is the best one ever!Brian Bailey
keeping you covered
If you found this article to be of interest, visit EDA Designline
you will find the latest and greatest design, technology, product, and news articles with regard to all aspects of Electronic Design
Also, you can obtain a highlights update delivered directly to your inbox by signing up for the EDA Designline weekly newsletter
just Click Here
to request this newsletter using the Manage Newsletters tab (if you aren't already a
member you'll be asked to register, but it's free and painless so don't let that stop you).