TimeSys Corp., a supplier of Linux technologies and development tools, has announced the availability of the TimeStorm Linux Development Kit (LDK) for Motorola's latest VMEbus product, the MVME6100.
The MVME6100 takes advantage of a new VMEbus to PCI-X bridge, the Tundra Tsi148, using the VMEbus two-edge source synchronous transfer (2eSST) protocol for faster VMEbus data transfer rates.
The TimeStorm MVME6100 LDK with a ready-to-run 2.6-based Linux distribution features real-time capabilities that include schedulable hard and soft interrupt handlers, priority inheritance mutexes, and a preemptible kernel, according to the company. The MVME6100 LDK also includes the Eclipse-based TimeStorm Linux Development Suite (LDS) to facilitate development in aerospace, industrial automation and medical imaging products.
TimeStorm MVME6100 LDK components include:
- 2.6 Linux distribution optimized for the MVME6100
- Integrated real-time capabilities such as schedulable hard and soft interrupt handlers, priority inheritance mutexes and a fully preemptible kernel
- Support for external buses and interfaces, including kernel drivers for all on-board devices
- Royalty-free runtime for commercial deployment
- GNU toolchains to facilitate development and debugging of custom applications
- Graphical Eclipse-based TimeStorm Linux Development Suite for Linux application development on Windows or Linux hosts
The TimeStorm MVME6100 LDK is available now.