Milpitas, CA, November 18, 2004 -- Intersil Corporation announces a new and powerful simulation tool that enables Intersil's customers to conduct extensive simulations, in both the time and frequency domains, while maintaining complete control over every component and simulation criteria. A new personal edition of Intersil's iSim simulation tool, iSim:PE is a PC-based tool that provides a design environment for validating application solutions based on Intersil's high performance power management products.
iSim:PE has a complete schematic capture front-end and full-featured post analysis tools that includes equation-based analysis and plotting options. At the center of each schematic is a validated model of the Intersil part providing an accurate simulation of the product's performance and features. Intersil has an extensive library of iSim models and common components ready for download, and new ones are constantly in development. These enable the user to create a fully back-annotated personalized design of the new schematic using existing components. A simple click on the "Download iSim:PE Schematic" button, will obtain an exact copy of that schematic for use off-line. This saves valuable time by not having to always create a new schematic.
Intersil has also made available a new Power Management Product Selector tool. The product selector tool is an applications-based product, which dynamically selects the proper device based on the user's input and output requirements. These specified requirements are used to select available Intersil power management solutions and to synthesize a reference schematic ready for simulation either on-line or downloaded for iSim:PE.
The iSim and iSim:PE simulation tools are part of Intersil's online Technical Design Center where power supply engineers can find documentation, design resources, other design tools and product information. In addition, Intersil supports designers with reference designs, evaluation platforms, a technical support line and world-class applications engineers.
iSim:PE is free and available for download now at www.intersil.com/isim. Simply click on the iSim icon next to the selected device and follow the install instructions in the upper right hand corner.
* A complete design package with schematic capture, simulation, and analysis capabilities.
* iSim:PE is a free download from Intersil that is installed and runs on a Windows-based PC.
* Schematics are downloaded from the Intersil iSim web site, and all Intersil components shown have a validated model.
* iSim:PE resides on a local PC ready for use either on-line or off-line.
* The iSim:PE schematic editor allows complete customization of an application schematic and includes a robust library of circuit elements for placement and modification to capture exact circuit and parasitic elements.
* Post-simulation analysis options are enhanced with numerous options to place probes and perform mathematical operations on node voltages and currents.
* Simulation capabilities include AC and transient. Load-step transient analysis is a powerful feature and can include multiple load steps with user-set delays and step values.
* The iSim:PE installer includes an extensive help file and several tutorials that introduce all of the features and capabilities of the design tool.
For more information about Intersil or to find out how to become a member of our winning team, visit the company's web site and career page at www.intersil.com