Recently, MDDI posted an article titled “Experts Pick What's Hot in Medical Device Technology,” which provided a survey of medical technologies under development that could revamp healthcare. The experts surveyed for that feature were members of our very own editorial advisory board, which represents experienced medical technology professionals and consultants to the industry.
This follow-up article takes a look at their view of dream devices that could revolutionize healthcare. Among them are:
- Orthopedic devices with embedded electronics
- Self-monitoring stents
- Alarm technology
- Sterilization breakthroughs
- Rapid microbial identification systems
- Replacement body parts
- A screening device for cancer
- Technologies that treat as they diagnose
- The "tricorder"
- Anti-aging technology
To read in more detail why the experts dream of these devices, and more of what they envision them as in practice, click here.