PARIS – Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (CWCDS) said it has added support for Wind River VxWorks MILS platform Multi-core Edition on its multi-core processor-based VPX6-187 single board computer.
The VPX6-187 VPX Single Board Computer is based on Freescale's Power Architecture QorIQ P4040/4080 SOC multi-core processor. It is designed to leverage the flexibility, security enhancements and rich feature set of the QorIQ P4080 processor to provide a trusted computing environment, including support for trusted and secure boot and encryption/decryption (SEC 4.0) in harsh military and aerospace applications.
The embedded MILS solution, companies said, will provide reduction in time to development and integration of secure deployed systems.
“By leveraging Eclipse-based, multi-core aware software tools and existing VxWorks-, Linux-, and open source-based IP on VxWorks and Wind River Linux Guest OSs, MILS developers using VxWorks MILS Platform can expect to reduce time-to-market, integration effort and certification costs, while exploiting the performance benefits enabled by the multi-core QorIQ P4080 processor on board the VPX6-187," commented Chip Downing, senior director, aerospace and defense at Wind River.
• Freescale QorIQ P4080
• Up to 8 e500mc Cores running up to 1.5 GHz
• Up to 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM controlled by dual 64-bit controllers
• Full complement of I/O capability (Ethernet, SCSI, serial, USB 2.0, MIL-STD-1553, Serial ATA, TTL and differential discrete I/O)
• VPX/VPX-REDI formats with four 4-lane fabric ports, port selectability between either Serial RIO or PCI Express Gen 2
• VxWorks 6.x BSP and Driver Suite supporting Workbench 3.x IDE, Wind River Linux 4.2 BSP and Driver suite
• Continuum Software Architecture (CSA) firmware providing a comprehensive suite of system debug, exerciser, and update functions, BIT, and non-volatile memory sanitization function
• Designed for military/aerospace harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled
• Supports trusted and secure boot and encryption/decryption (SEC 4.0)
• Pin Compatible with Curtiss-Wright Controls's VPX6-185 SBC
For additional information about CWCDS' VPX6-187, click here
. See related links:Graphics controller XMC targets rugged embedded systems
Virtex-6 ups processing power to military embedded
Comparing FMCs with PMCs/XMCs for harsh environments (Part 1)
Comparing FMCs with PMCs/XMCs for harsh environments (Part 2)
Curtiss-Wright joins FACE Consortium----------------------
If you found this article to be of interest, visit Military/Aerospace Designline
where you will find the latest and greatest design, technology,
product, and news articles with regard to all aspects of military,
defense and aerospace. And, to register to our weekly newsletter, click here.