Peritek's New Dual-Head Graphics Controller PMC Card Features Video Capture with Analog/Digital I/O
Oakland, Calif.---Peritek, a Curtiss-Wright company, and the leading provider of graphics mezzanine boards for embedded systems, has introduced a new high performance dual-head graphics display controller and video capture PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC) designed for use in VME and CompactPCI embedded systems.
"The Stratus/PMC raises the performance bar on affordable PMC graphics and video capture solutions," said Victor Gold, Vice President of Graphics Engineering. "Even better, this 128-bit graphics module features unmatched I/O flexibility."
The Stratus/PMC's two display channels can simultaneously deliver dual VGA or LVDS outputs or a single DVI output (with simultaneous single channel VGA output if desired). Based on the 128-bit Silicon Motion SM731 graphics accelerator, Stratus/PMC supports single displays at screen resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 x 24 bpp (with 16.7 million colors) and dual displays (dual VGA, dual LVDS, or VGA+ DVI) at 1024 x 768 x24 bpp.
Stratus/PMC is designed for displays running in VxWorks, Linux and Windows operating system environments. It also supports DirectX and 3D/OpenGL environments running Windows. The card's SM731graphics engine is configured with 16 Mbytes of on-chip SDRAM to provide ample local storage for image and off-screen data such as texture maps, Z-buffer, and backing store.
Flexible Graphics and Video I/O
The Stratus/PMC offers the maximum graphics and video I/O flexibility for system designers. Signal sets include dual VGA and LVDS, single DVI in, single DVI out, Composite NTSC/PAL/SECAM, S-Video and high speed RGB. Factory installed jumper networks enable the signal sets to be distributed between the DVI-I and MDSM connectors on the front panel and the rear-panel 64-pin Pn4 connector.
Stratus/PMC Key Features:
* Silicon Motion SM731 2D/3D 128-bit display controller
* Resolution up to 1600 x 1200
* On-board 33/66 MHz, 32-bit PCI interface
* On-chip 16 MB SDRAM
* 16.7 Million display colors @ 24-bits, 256 @ 8-bits
* Dual analog VGA output
* Single VGA display resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 x 24 bpp
* Dual VGA display resolutions up to 1024 x 768 x 24 bpp
* Dual LVDS channel outputs (dual mode: 1024x768 per channel)
* Single channel DVI output up to 1280 x 1024 x 24 bpp
* Hardware scroll, pan, and cursor
* Field programmable VGA BIOS EEPROM
* Composite and S-Video PAL/NTSC/SECAM
Stratus/PMC Software Support:
* SDL Standard Drawing Library (VxWorks and Linux)
* WindML support (VxWorks)
* XFree86 X Windows support (Linux)
* Microsoft Windows 2K/XP support with OpenGL and DirectX support
Stratus/PMC operating temperature range is 0 degrees to 70 degrees C.
Pricing for the Linux and Windows versions of Stratus/PMC starts at $738 in 100 lot quantities.
For information regarding Peritek's products or services, contact John Wranovics, director of marketing communications, Peritek, 5550 Redwood Road, Oakland, Calif. 94619. Phone: (510) 531-6500. Fax: (510) 530-8563. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Web site.