Data Translation Announces 500 kHz USB Data Acquisition Modules
Marlboro, Mass.---Enhancing its leadership position in USB data acquisition, Data Translation, Inc. launches its high-performance DT9834 Series. This Series breaks new ground in test and measurement by combining high-performance PCI functionality with the ease-of-use and high-speed data transfer rate of USB 2.0.
The DT9834 Series provides simultaneous analog input, analog output, digital I/O, and counter/timer subsystem operation at rates of 500 kSamples/s---ideal for applications where dynamic signals need to be measured and controlled precisely and at high speed.
According to Fred Molinari, president, founder and CEO of Data Translation, "This announcement breaks all barriers in terms of performance and ease-of-use. End users and OEMs can now maximize the plug-and-play capability of USB and take more accurate measurements at speeds rivaling PCI rates."
Uncompromised, High-Speed Performance
The DT9834 Series offers multiple performance features that no other USB 2.0 data acquisition solution can provide, such as:
* true 16-bit resolution at 500 kHz throughput that provides precision measurement of dynamic signals
* full digital I/O for time stamping, pattern recognition and synchronization of external events
* true 16-bit resolution at 500 kHz high speed deglitched DACs provide for pure waveform signal generation
* flexible clocks and triggers provide complete control over signal acquisition/generation
* secondary power connectors provide OEM flexible options for embedded solutions
* synchronous operations of all subsystems to allow high speed control loops utilizing analog in/out, digital in/out and counter timer operations simultaneously
The DT9834 Series operates on Windows XP/2000 and ships with the Data Acquisition Omni CD. The Omni CD includes a number of valuable, Ready-to-Measure applications allowing users to acquire, generate, and analyze dynamic signals immediately upon setup. The 32-bit WDM device drivers are DT-Open Layers compatible, which means the new hardware can run with old programs without re-compiling. In addition, the CD includes an evaluation copy of DT Measure Foundry---a powerful graphical based application builder for test and measurement, control, and analysis applications. The board series can be used in LabVIEW, Microsoft's Visual C++, and Visual Basic.
Availability and Pricing
The DT9834 Series is available in 30 days. Packaging is available in two configurations: BNC box or OEM board level. The price starts at $1,395.00.