Tokyo Electron Limited announced Tuesday that it has concluded a distribution agreement with Isilon Systems(r), Inc. (Head Office: Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.; President & CEO: Steve Goldman), under which TEL will sell Isilon's innovative network storage products, Isilon IQ, in Japan.
The most significant feature of Isilon IQ is the outstanding storage management achieved through the OneFS(tm) distributed file system and a clustered architecture. With Isilon IQ, storage capacity can be expanded instantly by simply adding nodes, and a single high-capacity virtual storage space with a high degree of scalability is created. Isilon IQ's unmatched ease of use and simplicity enable companies to expand their storage without requiring additional IT resources.
In many instances, the volume of data stored on information systems that handle rich content such as video, music and images, is rapidly increasing, and the ability to add capacity quickly is in demand. Isilon IQ storage systems, require no connection settings and system downtime when adding more storage capacity, and can become fully operational in less than 30 seconds after a node is connected. For users, this reduces costs associated with connection settings among other things, and eliminates the risk of business opportunities lost because of system downtime.
TEL expects to sell Isilon products in areas that handle rich content, including broadcasting, communications, entertainment, publishing, healthcare, higher education, research institutes, manufacturing, and data centers. Official shipments are scheduled to begin on June 15 2004.
"We are thrilled to be making our award-winning Isilon IQ products available in Japan through a partnership with a company of the caliber and stature of Tokyo Electron. Given their expertise in storage and networking, combined with the unmatched ease of use of Isilon IQ, we are very excited about our mutual success together," said Tom Pettigrew, Isilon's vice president of global sales partners.
Main Features of Isilon IQ
Isilon IQ OneFS Single Distributed File System
- The system creates a storage space that is shared between nodes and can be managed as a single storage unit regardless of the cluster size.
- An AutoBalance function performs automated migration on content when nodes are added to optimize the disk balance between nodes.
High-Speed Access to Content
- Includes 4 GB of cache memory per node.
- Through the SmartRead function, the accessing of content and continuity can be foreseen, thereby achieving the high-speed transmission of content.
Flexible Content Protection
- A FlexProtect function allows protection levels to be set on the file/directory level in real time.