Engim's EN-3001 Intelligent Wideband WLAN Chipset with Wideband Spectral Processing technology offers unprecedented WLAN infrastructure capacity by allowing simultaneous communications on multiple 802.11 channels together with flexible multi-service support from a single access point. For the first time, high-capacity all-services access points can be constructed thta take advantage of all available 802.11 spectrum.
In addition to providing maximum capacity through simultaneous multi-band, multi-channel support, the EN-3001 chipset offers flexible All-Service Access Point (ASAP) capability. This means that high-function access points can now be architected to provide support for any combination of services such as advanced security and intrusion detection, data-voice convergence, advanced WLAN management and location determination. This flexibility allows access point manufacturers to design highly unique and differentiated products.
The chipset provides:
* Multi-Channel WLAN Support -- Support for three or more channels of WLAN simultaneous operation enables high-performance access points that provide up to 50X the capacity of single-channel APs.
* Advanced Wideband Spectral Processing -- Highly integrated chip set employs unique Wideband Spectral Processing technology to mitigate RF interference and continually monitor the complete RF spectrum.
* ASAP Technology -- All-Services Access Point technology enables the most flexible, service-rich access points able to simultaneously enable any combination of services such as data-voice convergence, advanced WLAN Management, enhanced security and intrusion detection, location determination and more.
* RF Spectrum Monitor -- Continually monitors active and inactive channels for optimal WLAN channel selection without disrupting communications traffic flow. Offers ability to detect 802.11 and non-802.11 interferers such as Bluetooth, microwave ovens and cordless telephones.
* Support for 802.11a/b/g -- The EN-3001 supports any combination of three or more channels of simultaneous 802.11a/b/g communications.
* Hardware-Accelerated Security Support -- Hardware-based AES implementation and onboard security engine support for WEP and TKIP ensure line-rate secure communications and 802.11i compliance.
Superior WLAN Control -- Dynamic Frequency Selection and granular Transmit Power Control for maximum network control and network scalability.
Standards Based Technology -- Support for IEEE 802.11e draft, f, g, h and i standards. Designed for Wi-Fi, WPA and WPA2 compliance.
Superior Flexibility -- Programmable MAC design allows granular control of all MAC parameters for maximum configuration flexibility. Partial or Full MAC Bypass mode available to enable the use of 3rd party MAC solutions.
The EN-3001 Intelligent Wideband WLAN Chipset is a complete highly integrated WLAN system-on-chip which combines unique RF, analog, digital and systems software technology into a complete WLAN access point solution. Each component of the EN-3001 system is optimized for wideband, multi-channel, multi-band operation to enable the most flexible service-rich access points.
* 2.4 GHz Wideband RF Front-End Chip (EN-3201): A fully integrated direct conversion 2.4 GHz transceiver for IEEE 802.11b/g WLAN applications which supports three simultaneous channels of 802.11b/g operation.
* 5 GHz Wideband RF Front-End Chip (EN-3501): A fully integrated direct conversion 5 GHz transceiver for IEEE 802.11a WLAN applications which supports three simultaneous channels of 802.11a operation.
* Analog Baseband Chip (EN-3100): A high performance, low-power, fully monolithic device integrating an ultra-fast sampling 12-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and two IQ high-performance 10-bit digital-to-analog converters (DACs).
* Tri-Channel Digital Baseband Processor and MAC Chip (EN-3301): A multi-channel, multi-standard device which includes a triple-speed programmable Medium Access Controller (MAC), three concurrent IEEE 802.11a/b/g compliant digital basebands and modems capable of achieving a peak data rate of 162 Mbps.
The EN-3301 also incorporates a network management resource path to provide detailed RF spectrum information to network management. Also available in the EN-3301 are hardware assisted 802.11i security and two embedded ethernet MACs.
Go to the
Engim EN-3001 Intelligent Wideband WLAN Chipset Product Information Brief for more information.