Symmetricom Unveils Network Time Servers for Next-Generation-Networks (NGN)
Precise, versatile NTP time server provides accurate and secure time for today’s and tomorrow's network with IPv6 support and state-of-the-art web interface
SAN JOSE, Calif.Symmetricom, Inc., a worldwide leader in precise time and frequency products and services, announces its new high-performance GPS (Global Positioning System) network time servers, SyncServer S200/S250. These precise and versatile network time servers synchronize clocks on computers and servers for large or expanding networks and are optimized for the ever-demanding high-bandwidth next-generation networks (NGNs). Numerous design features include scalability and security, high availability and throughput of three independent 10/100Base-T Ethernet ports with IPv6 support, and extreme ease of use with an intuitive web interface with various set-up wizards, all needed to support an NGN.
"As Next-Generation-Networks grow in size and speed, the need for accurate, reliable and secure time becomes more critical," said John Hirsekorn, vice president of sales and marketing for Symmetricom. "Security concerns, VoIP deployments and new regulations are forcing organizations to pay strict attention to their records and operational performance. High-performance and flexible network time servers are now essential since accurately synchronized clocks are critical for network log file accuracy, filling systems, electronic transactions, database integrity, VoIP and many more applications."
Symmetricom is the first to provide key NGN ready features, including:
* Three independent 10/100Base-T Ethernet ports standard - high availability and throughput translates into support of hundreds of thousands of network clients while maintaining <10 microsecond NTP timestamp accuracy; also provides flexibility needed to easily adapt to different and changing network topologies and security requirements.
* Intuitive, state-of-the-art web interface, display and full numeric keypad - offers ease-of-use and remote access with intuitive web pages and full control of the server via a standard browser interface; also includes the first-ever Wizards for step-by-step set-up of the most common network time server operations
"The Symmetricom SyncServer is the most comprehensive network time server we have ever used," commented Eiichi Mitsuda at Marubun Corporation, Japan's leading electronics and electronic components distributor. "For our customers' multiple timing format requirements, the SyncServer provides the greatest variety of input and output options of any time server device available. Additionally, as our strict requirements to decrease down time and increase security continue to rise, the SyncServers' comprehensive log file and alarm system will unquestionably meet those growing requirements. Further, the configuration wizard and complete web interface allows control and monitoring of the system with ease. As the IT market continues to experience strong growth in Japan, Symmetricom's SyncServer will play an important role in time synchronization."
The SyncServer models provide reliable and secure network synchronization technology by combining multi-port, high-speed/high capacity network interfaces and versatile GPS timing receiver technology.
The SyncServer models are a fifth-generation network time server and the culmination of years of accumulated knowledge of customer requirements and years of focused R&D. Symmetricom's development team consists of the leading precision clock designers, network engineers and NTP (network time protocol) experts in the world.
The SyncServer models provide many advantages over current offerings, including:
* High-performance NTP with time stamp accuracy of <10 microseconds at greater than 5000 NTP packets per second.
* Three independent 10/100Base-T Ethernet ports standard.
* IPv6 compliance - assures a SyncServer investment will last through the IPv4 to IPv6 migration, future proofing your network.
* 50 nanosecond accurate clock to UTC for worldwide time synchronization.
* High-visibility, 256 x 32 high-resolution vacuum florescent display (Large 1- line for time display, medium 2-line for status operation and information rich 4-line).
* Back-up, restore and firmware upgrades are simple point and click operations.
* Auto checking Symmetricom.com web site for firmware upgrade availability to keep the IT administrator abreast of the latest firmware for the server.
"Considering the host of infrastructure and application problems that network managers face with incorrect timing, Symmetricom's Next-Generation-Network Time Servers appear to be a well designed product aimed at a target market that needs it most," stated Sunderraju Ramachandran, program manager at Frost and Sullivan, a leading market research company. "Security concerns, VoIP deployments and new regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley are forcing organizations to pay strict attention to their records and operational performance. As a result of extensive research, Symmetricom should continue to hold its significant market leadership position with ease."
Symmetricom is a recognized technology and market leader of high-precision frequency and timing products, developing the first practical rubidium clock in 1971.
Pricing & Availability
The SyncServer models will be shipping October 20th, 2005. Domestic pricing begins at $3,595 USD.
For more information please visit: www.gps-time-servers.ntp-systems.com.