DALLAS, TXTexas Instruments Incorporated announced the TNETV1061, a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) system on a chip. The DSP-based TNETV1061is designed for residential applications where voice quality, scalability, low cost and reliability are key issues.
The TNETV1061 integrates the company's Telogy Software. The device is designed with a dual processor architecture, making it well suited for simultaneous real-time voice processing and data traffic under heavy load conditions such as an analog terminal adapter, VoIP gateway/router, VoIP-enabled 802.11b/g access point/router or broadband cordless phone.
Hardware Features include:
- High performance TMS320C55x(TM) DSP core and MIPS RISC processor.
- Memory interfaces, including a Double Data Rate (DDR) memory interface and a NAND Flash Memory interface, allowing local voicemail storage.
- Support for more cost-effective SLIC solutions, including the latest telephony interfaces from Legerity and Silicon Laboratories.
- Processing power to deliver two secure, simultaneous voice channels for conferencing
- An Ethernet 10/100 Phys interface that supports AutoMDIX
VLYNQ interface to TI's TNETW1350A 802.11b/g WLAN solution
Software Features include:
- Voice vocoders: G.711 (PCM), G.723.1A, G.726(ADPCM), G.729AB, GSM-FR, GSM-AMR
- Supports up to 4 channels of voice
- PIQUA voice quality monitoring, serviceability, manageability and network management
- Line echo cancellation: G.168-2002
- Packet loss compensation/recovery
- SIP protocol stack and supplemental services
- Secure RTP and SIP TLS
- T.38 Fax Relay: T.30, V.17,V.29, V.27ter, V.21
- V.34 Fax Support
The TNETV1061 will be available in volume production in 2Q 06.
Click here for the data sheet. Texas Instruments Inc.,
+1 800-336-5236, www.ti.com