Carrollton, Tex. TT electronics OPTEK Technology and IRC Advanced Film Division (Corpus Christi, Tex.) have developed a LED design kit for solid-state lighting designers. The kit combines IRC's Anotherm technology, a thermally conductive aluminum alloy substrate, with OPTEK's expertise in infrared and high-brightness visible LEDs. The kit includes lighting modules, assemblies, components and accessories.
The Anotherm technology allows designers to mount visible LEDs (VLEDs) and other components directly to the aluminum substrate, which reduces or eliminates the need for attached heat sinks, mounting hardware and associated assembly costs, said IRC.
Each kit contains three LED drivers to power the VLED assemblies. The assemblies feature OPTEK's OVSPxBCR4 series 1-watt LEDs. These energy-efficient packaged LEDs offer high luminance and a long operating lifespan, said the company. Available in yellow, blue, green, red and white, the 1-W LEDs offer a full 120° viewing angle and an ultra-low board-mounted profile.
The assemblies in the LED design kit include:
- OPA729: Linear visible assembly on Anotherm with ten (10) 1-watt LEDs
- OPA730: Round visible flood on Anotherm with twelve (12) 1-watt LEDs
- OPA731: Square visible flood on Anotherm with twenty (20) 1-watt LEDs
- OPA733: Round spot 1-watt LEDs on Anotherm
- OPA739: Square visible assembly on Anotherm with three (3) 1-watt LEDs
- OPA740: Linear visible assembly on Anotherm with twelve (12) 23° lensed 1-watt LEDs
- OPA741: Ring visible assembly on Anotherm with twelve (12) 23° lensed 1-watt LEDs
- OPA742: Round spot with 1-watt LED on Anotherm
The LED design kit will be displayed at Lightfair, May 8-10 at booth number 2468.
Pricing: The LED design kit is priced at $650 each. The Anotherm modules, substrates, LED components, and accessories can also be purchased separately.
Product information: OPTEK VLED products and Anotherm technology
OPTEK Technology, 1-972-323-2200, www.optekinc.com
IRC Advanced Film Division, 1-361-992-7900, www.irctt.com