Agilent Technologies Inc. announced availability of the Update 3 release of its Advanced Design System (ADS) high-frequency electronic design automation (EDA) software. The addition of serializer/deserializer (SERDES)/Verilog analog mixed-signal (AMS) co-simulation, is the most important feature of this release.
The Agilent ADS Update 3 enables designers to co-simulate with Verilog-AMS based SERDES models, providing complete analysis of serial links. It also allows designers to use ADS to examine designs with NCSim and ModelSim as well as high-frequency SPICE simulators. Signal-integrity designers can use ADS transient/convolution, EM and Ptolemy simulators in a co-simulation with digital simulators to gain more insight into complex designs.
The new capabilities in Agilent's ADS Update 3 include:
- Verilog-AMS co-simulation for simulating end-to-end system behavior with analog and digital components;
- W-Element Model for including RLGC files in simulations;
- integrated Stateye functionality for fast BER simulations;
- Signal Studio file reader for fully coded, standards-compliant wireless signals from Agilent's Signal Studio;
- enhanced WiMAX and 3GPP LTE libraries for the latest 3GPP and Mobile WiMAX standards;
- device model support for: BSIM 4.6.1, HICUM 1.12, and SimKit 2.5.
The ADS software release is available for immediate download. Prices starting at approximately $8,400.