The EmberZNet PRO 3.1 stack combines the increased scalability, security and resilience of the ZigBee PRO feature set with compatible Ember-specific innovations for denser networks, "sleepy" (i.e. power saving) nodes, and mobile nodes.
The new stack enables larger, denser, more mobile, secure and resilient ZigBee networks.
EmberZNet PRO 3.1 is well suited for demanding and secure applications in advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), home automation and monitoring, and building automation systems. EmberZNet PRO 3.1 users can create wireless networks that are:
- Larger, scaling to potentially thousands of nodes enabled by the Stochastic Addressing, Many-to-One / Source Routing and Asymmetric Link Handling features in ZigBee PRO.
- Denser, enabled by Ember's Intelligent Table Management that assures network stability even when dozens of routing nodes are within close proximity.
- Sleepier, extending the power-saving benefits of sleepy end devices through compatible Ember enhancements.
- More mobile, offering explicit handling of end nodes that may move within the ZigBee network topology, such as remote controls and key fobs.
- Highly secure, implementing many of the optional ZigBee PRO security extensions for advanced network encryption and device security.
- More resilient, allowing the ability for entire ZigBee networks to change channels in the face of interference through ZigBee PRO's Frequency Agility features.
These EmberZNet PRO 3.1 capabilities, combined with others specified in the ZigBee PRO Feature Set, make ZigBee the most mature, robust, and reliable, wireless sensor network technology available today.
Ember is also adding new reference software based on the ZigBee Home Automation Application Profile, supported by a new "AppBuilder" tool that allows developers to quickly and easily create applications ready for validation as ZigBee Certified Products.
"The recently ratified ZigBee PRO Feature Set and the Home Automation Application Profile by the ZigBee Alliance are important steps. We've been beta testing EmberZNet PRO 3.1 and this is certainly accelerating our path to achieving ZigBee certification," said Laura James, vice president of engineering at AlertMe, a Cambridge, UK-based provider of people-friendly home security.
With commercial availability of the ZigBee PRO Feature Set, many OEMs desire full ZigBee product certification. Ember's AppBuilder tool, used with the Home Automation Application Profile software, dramatically accelerates the creation of applications ready for "ZigBee Certified Product" certification testing.
Using a simple graphical interface, developers can generate complete applications, such as ZigBee Home Automation Application Profile compatible lighting or HVAC controls.
EmberZNet PRO 3.1 is in beta testing now and will be generally available in November. It comes bundled free with the EM250 ZigBee system-on-chip and EM260 ZigBee network co-processor. Active EmberZNet customers can upgrade to EmberZNet PRO 3.1 at no cost. Like previous Ember products selected as ZigBee "Golden Node" platforms, EmberZNet PRO 3.1 will be a ZigBee Certified Platform upon completion of formal testing by the ZigBee Alliance.
More information is available at www.ember.com.