STS Inc.'s latest generation chip for digital wireless audio platforms handles simultaneous high-definition, multi-channel, uncompressed wireless audio connections of consumer electronics (CE) devices such as headphones, speakers, home theater systems, flat panel TVs, and game consoles.
The single-chip STS DARR81 takes a unique wideband RF approach and offers the following functionality and features on a single chip:
- A single-platform chipset enables CE manufacturers and ODMs to configure their chips for particular applications
- Bi-directional capability means HD audio can both transmitted and received with a single device simultaneously, enabling HD headsets for quality-demanding VoIP and gaming applications.
- High-definition audio implemented by 24-bit/96-ksps resolution.
- Allows streaming of up to eight different concurrent single streams or four bi-directional streams of HD audio, enabling 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound, headphone and multi-room applications at the same time.
- Offers a range of up to 150 feet indoors and 500 feet outdoors. For extended range requirements, a repeater function is available.
- The human ear creates a 3-D audio experience and is sensitive to jitter. To realize a reproducible constant 3-D experience, STS's extremely low-jitter specifications satisfy demanding CE and professional applications.
- Low power consumption: Provides design-in flexibility for a full range of audio devices, including portable media players, headphones and headsets.
Several major CE and ODM manufacturers will be demonstrating wireless products based on STS's technology at the CES tradeshow in Las Vegas, January 7-10, 2008. CES attendees interested in hearing STS's audio innovation and experiencing true HD wireless audio can visit the STS suite in The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino.
More information is available at www.sts-wireless.com.