Santa Clara, Calif. Agilent Technologies Inc. said it has introduced the industry's first DDR2 and DDR3 ball-grid array (BGA) probes for oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
For validating memory systems, the DDR BGA probes provide direct access to the balls of the DRAM with low loading and minimal impact to signal integrity. The probes are used with the oscilloscopes and logic analyzers to perform physical layer and functional test.
The DDR2 and DDR3 BGA probes provide signal access points to the clock, strobe, data, address and command signals of the DDR3 DRAM for true compliance testing with an oscilloscope. The logic analyzer provides the timing and protocol view of the DRAM activities. The DDR2 BGA probe enables simultaneous access to the oscilloscope and to the logic analyzer's full compliance and protocol validation.
The DDR2 BGA probe provides probing of x8 and x16 DRAM packages. Model numbers W2631A and W2632A, when combined with Agilent's E5384A and E5826A logic analyzer adapters, support command and data probing for x16 packages; model numbers W2633A and W2634A provide access to command and data buses for x8 packages. When used with high-bandwidth solder-in InfiniiMax probes, all four DDR2 BGA probe variants allow probing with the oscilloscopes.
The DDR3 BGA probe supports different packages. The W2635A x8 BGA probe provides support for x4 and x8 DRAM packages. The W2636A x16 BGA probe adapter provides support for the x16 DRAM package. Each comes in two different widths 10 mm and 11 mm to satisfy the different spacing requirements between DRAM chips.
The probes will be shown for the first time at DesignCon, Feb. 4-6, 2008, in Booth 305.
- W2631A DDR2 X16 BGA command and data probe for logic analyzer and oscilloscope -- 4 probe set: $1,999
- W2632A DDR2 X16 BGA data probe for logic analyzer and oscilloscope -- 4 probe set: $1,999
- W2633A DDR2 X8 BGA command and data probe for logic analyzer oscilloscope -- 4 probe set: $1,999
- W2634A DDR2 X8 BGA data probe for logic analyzer and oscilloscope -- 4 probe set: $1,999
- E5384A 46-CH SE ZIF probe for X8/X16 DRAM BGA probe connect to 90-pin logic analyzer cable: $1,250
- E5826A 46-CH SE ZIF probe for X16 DRAM data only BGA probe connect to 90-pin logic analyzer cable: $1,000
- E5827A 46-CH SE ZIF probe for 2 X8 DRAMS data only BGA probe connect to 90-pin logic analyzer cable: $1,000
- W2635A DDR3 X8 BGA oscilloscope probe -- 10 probe set: $1,500
- W2636A DDR3 X16 BGA oscilloscope probe -- 10 probe set: $1,500
Product information: DDR2 BGA probes
and DDR3 BGA probes
Agilent Technologies, 1-800-829-4444 (item number 8191), www.agilent.com