Connect One has launched two external device servers for secure machine-to-machine (M2M) IP connectivity. The Secure iLAN and Secure iWiFi enable any device with an RS-232/RS-485 port to immediately communicate over the Internet in a fully secure manner using LAN or Wireless LAN, respectively.
The Secure iLAN connects to any 10/100 LAN, while the Secure iWiFi connects to any existing 802.11b/g wireless LAN.
Secure iLAN and Secure iWiFi include an integrated web browser that enables existing devices to be accessed using a web browser. In addition, existing devices can communicate via e-mail, file transfers and other Internet protocols. Monitoring equipment can therefore use the Secure iLAN to e-mail a control center or technician if a certain threshold is exceeded.
Both the Secure iLAN and Secure iWiFi are based on ConnectOne's CO2128 Internet controller chip and offer the following features and benefits:
- Integrated web-server, providing an immediate web interface to existing devices
- A high-speed serial interface, allowing users to enjoy speeds afforded by wired or wireless LAN
- Hardware-based SSL-standard encryption, which provides the highest level of Internet security
- Firewall functionality, protecting the host device from Internet attacks
- Full suite of Internet protocols and applications (TCP/UDP, SMTP/POP3, MIME, HTTP, WAP, FTP and TELNET)
- Remote configuration, management and firmware upgrades
Pricing for Secure iLAN starts at $75, and pricing for Secure iWiFi starts at $85. Both are available now.
More information is available at www.connectone.com.