Carrollton, Tex. TT electronics OPTEK Technology has developed a range of surface-mount infrared LEDs. Consisting of the OP180 and OP280 series, the infrared LEDs are housed in plastic leadless PLCC-2 packages and feature a silicon encapsulant that increases the operational life of the devices.
The surface-mount infrared LED family consists of the following components:
- OP180: a high-power GaAs with a 940-nm peak wavelength, 0.50 mW/cm2 apertured power, 20 mA IF, and 100° half power angle
- OP280K: a high-power GaAIAs with a 875-nm peak wavelength, 0.85 mW/cm2 apertured power, 20 mA IF and 90° half-power angle
- OP280KT: a high-power GaAIAs with reverse polarity terminals, 850-nm peak wavelength, 0.85 mW/cm2 apertured power, 20 mA IF and 90° half-power angle
- OP280PS: point source GaAIAs with a 850-nm peak wavelength and smaller spot size, 0.15 mW/cm2 apertured power, 20 mA IF and 50° half-power angle
- OP280V: a high-performance 850-nm invisible VCSEL (class 1M) with 2.50 mW/cm2 apertured power, 7 mA IF and 18° half-power angle.
The OP180 and OP280 series IR LEDs are suitable for non-contact position sensing, datum detection, machine automation, and optical encoding applications.
Pricing: Typical pricing for the OP180 and OP280 IR LEDs starts at $0.22 each in quantities of 1,000.
Availability: Production quantity lead time, if stock is not available, is six to eight weeks.
Product information: surface-mount IR LEDs
OPTEK Technology, 1-972-323-2200, www.optekinc.com