Santa Clara, Calif. NEC LCD Technologies has announced that it will begin shipping samples of its 2.7-inch low-temperature polysilicon (LTPS) thin-film-transistor (TFT) liquid crystal display (LCD) module at the end of July 2008. The NL9654HL06-01J LCD module delivers a high pixel density of 413 pixels per inch in a small size direct-view LCD.
The new module supports quarter high-definition (QHD) resolution of 960 x 540 pixels, which is compatible with full high-definition (HD) resolution, and achieves a wide color gamut of 70 percent (NTSC ratio) and high luminance of 300 candelas per square meter (cd/m2). When incorporated in the viewfinder of a video camcorder for professional broadcast use, the module enables highly accurate adjustment of focus. In addition, the module can be used to check colors through the viewfinder, without the need for external monitors.
In addition to the 2.7-inch LCD module, NEC has introduced the following three modules:
- 4.3-inch (8.9 cm diagonal) color TFT-LCD module, part number NL4827HC19-05A, with wide quarter video graphics array (WQVGA) resolution and high luminance of 600 cd/m2
- 3.5-inch (8.9 cm diagonal) color TFT-LCD module, part number NL4864HL11-02A, with video graphics array (VGA) resolution and high luminance and high transmissivity realized through the combination of NEC LCD Technologies' unique value-integrated TFT (VIT) technology and super-transmissive natural-light (ST-NLT) technology
- 2.7-inch (6.8 cm diagonal) color TFT-LCD module, part number NL2432HC17-07B, with quarter video graphics array (QVGA) resolution and high luminance of 500 cd/m2
All of the new LCD modules will be displayed at Society of Information Display (SID) 2008, May 20-22.
Pricing: All pricing is budgetary sample pricing based on quantities of 1-50 pieces.
- 2.7-inch QHD, part number NL9654HL06-01J: Not available.
- 2.7-inch QVGA, part number NL2432HC17-07B: $64
- 3.5-inch VGA, part number NL4864HL11-02A: $114
- 4.3-inch WQVGA, part number NL4827HC19-05A: $79
Product information:2.7-inch LCD module
NEC LCD Technologies, www.nec-lcd.com/en/index.html