Blacksburg, Va. VPT Inc. has introduced more than 50 dc/dc converter modules specifically designed for space applications. Grouped into four product families, these new dc/dc converters deliver up to 120 watts of output power and operate reliably in harsh radiation environments. The new product lines meet updated reliability requirements for space including new radiation requirements, small size and light weight mandates, requirements for 100% reliable operation through a wide range of space flight conditions, and fast product availability, VPT said.
The "S" space series of dc/dc converters are packaged in miniature, hermetic, metal cases for reliable power delivery through the extreme temperature, shock, vibration, and radiation environments of space travel. Key features of the new SVSA, SVHF, SVTR and SVFL product families include the following:
- Six to 120 watts of output power in standard single- and dual-output voltages
- Characterization and guarantee to 30 krads (Si) per VPT's RHA plan specified per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G, Level P with 2x margin*
- Characterization and testing for total ionizing dose (TID) at high dose rate (HDR) and LDR (enhanced low dose rate sensitivity -- ELDRS) per VPT's RHA plan*
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H element evaluated components standard
- Components selected from database of recommended RH devices
- Characterization and testing performed at semiconductor component piece-part level (radiation lot acceptance test - RLAT) from traceable semiconductor lots
- Characterization and testing also performed on the converters produced from the same traceable semiconductor lots evaluated during RLAT
- No pure tin is guaranteed
- Fault tolerant design with radiation immune magnetic isolation technology no optoisolators
- Temperature operation of -55°C to +125°C with full performance over entire temperature range
*Note: VPT's certified radiation program per MIL-PRF-38534, appendix G, is currently under review by the Defense Supply Center Columbus (DSCC). Contact DSCC directly at 1-604-692-0585 for the current status.
Pricing: Starts at $950 for the 6W SVSA series in OEM quantities.
Product information: SVSA, SVHF, SVTR, and SVFL
VPT, 1-425-353-3010, www.vpt-inc.com