The folks at Green Hills Software, who specialize in device software optimization (DSO) and real-time operating systems (RTOS), have announced the availability of their software development solution targeting Virtex-5 FXT FPGAs with embedded PowerPC 440 processor blocks from Xilinx.
Components of the Green Hills Software solution include the INTEGRITY real-time operating system, optimizing C/C++ compilers for Power Architecture, MULTI integrated development environment (IDE), virtual prototyping platform, DoubleCheck static analyzer, and high-speed hardware debug probes.
Green Hills Software's technologies form a co-developed and highly integrated solution that enables system developers leveraging the system integration capabilities of Virtex-5 FXT FPGAs to create reliable, high-performance applications in the least amount of time and at the lowest cost.
INTEGRITY for Xilinx Virtex-5 FXT FPGAs
The folks at Green Hills say that INTEGRITY represents the most advanced RTOS technology on the market today, achieving unprecedented levels of reliability, availability, and serviceability for applications in telecommunications, software-defined radio, networking, automotive, consumer, medical, aerospace, and other industries. An INTEGRITY Board Support Package (BSP) has been developed for
Virtex-5 family development boards making it extremely easy to develop and deploy INTEGRITY-based applications while using the Xilinx Platform Studio tool suite for embedded design.
In addition to real-time operating systems, the Green Hills software development solution for the Xilinx Virtex-5 FXT FPGAs consists of the following components:
- MULTI integrated development environment – a software development tool set for embedded software developers.
- Green Hills Power Architecture compilers – said to generate the fastest and smallest code in the industry for Power Architecture.
- Green Hills Probe – providing reliable and efficient multicore debugging using the Xilinx Virtex-5 FXT FPGA JTAG port.
- DoubleCheck integrated static analyzer – increasing software reliability and reducing time-to-market by eradicating more defects early in the development process.
- Green Hills High Speed PowerPC Virtual Prototyping Platform – providing a powerful, flexible, and extensible simulation environment for advanced software development.
Pricing and availability
For more information, please visit the Green Hills Software website at www.ghs.com.